The commercial production process is different from live event recording, and there are two basic processes for commercial productions.
1) Documentary: A videographer records events as they happen with no particular script in mind. The story is told by the people involved in the events we record. Scripts for narration are usually written during or after production to give the story a point of view.
2) Commercial Productions: In commercial productions we already know the story; we write the script first. A production plan and budget is derived from the script.
- General Outline and Agreement (budget)
- Script (written to budget)
- Final Budget
- Project Management
- Insurance / Transportation / Catering
- CG Animation
- Film Editing
- Colour Edting
- Sound Track
- Audio Editing
- Client sign-off with revision limited to budget
- Media Production
- CD / DVD / Blu-Ray Masters or Web Format
- Reproduction from masters